We had our yearly ‘Informations Systems Department’ Holiday Party on Tuesday. Thanks to all the managers for supplying all the food & drinks (including Champaign), also Mike brought in some great food from his wife’s Chinese restaurant. Other IS staff brought in a bevy of deserts. We also had our traditional ‘Chinese Grab Bag’ (don’t look at me, I didn’t name it). Yours truly came away with a nice bottle of Finlandia Vodka with 3 shot glasses. For those of you who don’t know the rules:
- Everyone who brought a gift ($20 min – unisexual) pulls a number out of a hat
- Person #1 picks a gift, unwraps it, & shows everyone
- Person #2 unwraps a gift, then gets to choose to keep it or forcibly trade for Person #1’s gift
- Person #3 opens a gift, then either keeps it or trades for either of the two gifts that came before
- And so on…
- The last person, #32 in our case, opens the last gift and gets to choose between it or any of the 31 gifts that came before.
Obviously the higher the number the better. I got #16. To be real fun, it must be played cutthroat; doesn’t matter if the person who has what you want is your boss or not, a friend or not. We all had a great time.